So, a new Justice League trailer has hit and Henry Cavill is back! In a dream sequence! Maybe!
The trailer is below if you want to play “Spot the Whedon” yourself. I’ll be back after you watch.
My takeaways after a few viewings:
- I thought Aquaman was going to be the Wolverine of the film based on early trailers, but it appears he is going to be the Steve of the film, the guy who always wears a denim jacket with Metallica and Megadeth patches on it, who is always at your local bar no matter what day or time you go there and is always three beers away from singing along with Nickleback on the jukebox.
- Cyborg can fly now. That is news to me, but I haven’t been following the comics too closely.
- I’m not buying for one minute that the dream sequence are the only scenes Henry Cavill appears in. Shame on the trailer for trying to make us think that.
- As a fan of CW’s The Flash, I appreciate the effort they are putting in to make Ezra Miller’s Flash similar yet different than Grant Gustin’s. And I think that if it was any other actor besides Miller doing the role, it might not have worked out just as well.
- My “Spot The Whedon?” Aquaman and Bruce’s conversation at the waterside and Barry’s lines when the Bat-Signal goes on.