If you haven’t been anticipating Zack Snyder’s upcoming Superman franchise relaunch Man Of Steel, perhaps this will change your mind. It appears that studio Warner Brothers have already held some early screenings of the film on their lot and the word that is leaking out is positive.
JoBlo was the site that heard from a source at the studio whom they trust who gave the following bullet-pointed details.
– Imagine a [Batman franchise director Christopher] Nolan story with Snyder effects/action.
– It’s the best movie of the year.
– There’s TONS of action with Superman kicking all kinds of ass in his suit.
– The cape is CG’d most of the time so it can look awesome.
– They have intentionally left out most of the the Super action in trailers to save it.
– It’s not nearly as dour and serious as the trailers suggest.
– The movie is complete, minus the 3D post-conversion, which is currently taking place.
This is extremely exciting, especially for those of us pulling for Warner Brothers to get their act together in regards to their non-Batman superhero films. But if it does deliver on the level that this early buzz indicates can the studio translate that that level of quality to their other superhero films they have in development?
Man Of Steel opens June 14.