The second portion of Marvel Studios’ presentation at San Diego Comic Con this evening didn’t divulge too many secrets about the film. A ajority of the cast, including Robert Downey Jr, Jeremy Renner, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Colby Smulders, Samuel L Jackson, Chris Evans, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Paul Bettany, Jaes Spader and Elizabeth Olsen. Director Joss Whedon was reportedly under the weather and unable to attend.
Here’s some quick bullet points of what was said –
- Downey, off of the crowing cast for the film – “I become a little less significant every single film”
- Evans stated that his character, Captain America is now pretty uch caught up with the times, that he is still looking for a place to “belong… He’s searching for home.”
- Bettany, on how his voiceover work for the Iron Man films have evolved into his current role as Vision – “I used to turn up in a dark room for 45 minutes and get a bag of cash. Now I have to work!”
- Soader stated that Ultron is 8 feet tall.
- Olsen – “It’s fun to bring a new element to the world. There’s magic and mu… tated people.” That got a crowd reaction as 20th Century Fox owns the film rights to Marvel’s X-Men comics which feature superheroes with mutant powers.
The Avengers portion of the panel ended with the screening of some footage from the film. Detailed reports are sketchy right now, but twitter reaction from those at the presentation has been strongly positive. One quote, from the bad guy of the film Ultron, has been mentioned a few times – “You want to protect the world… but you don’t want it to change. There is only one path to peace – your destruction.”